Our response to COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have adopted strict guidelines for our staff and clients:
- Do not come to work if you are feeling sick.
- Staff members temperatures are taken 3 times a day.
- Masks are worn at all times.
- Sick clients will not be seen. A sick client must find a surrogate to bring their pet to the clinic.
- One staff member (technician or reception) will be the only in-person point of contact with clients.
- Maintain social distancing and all conversations around history, medications and discharges will be via phone or email.
- Technicians will sanitize their hands before and after each client interaction (leash/carrier) or wear gloves.
- Euthanasias will be the only exception to allowing a client in the building but the client must meet the following criteria.
- No illness themselves for the last 14 days
- No COVID positive exposure for over 14 days
- We will use the outdoor area when weather allows
To ensure the safety of our clients and staff alike, we will continue with curbside/drop-off appointments and procedures. Our process will be as follows:
Please call us when you are in the parking lot of the hospital for your pet’s scheduled appointment.
A staff member will come out and bring your pet into the clinic for diagnosis and treatment. The technician assigned to your pet will gather pertinent information and discuss with you the course of the examination or procedure.
The doctor will communicate with you by phone for additional history, diagnostic and treatment recommendations.
Except for end-of-life care, clients will not have access to our facilities but may stay on-site in their cars.
Scheduled drop-off pet visits can be made for exams, blood work or other testing. The same intake and discharge procedures detailed above will occur.
Due to an overwhelming amount of requests and limited staff, we are only able to approve prescriptions through our online pharmacy or arrange for curbside pickup from our office. If you would prefer to purchase elsewhere, please call our office to obtain a written prescription that can be submitted to the pharmacy of your choice.
In order to minimize direct contact time, we will process payments over the phone, minimizing cash and check transactions when possible.
We appreciate your understanding and invite you to give us a call with any concerns or questions you may have at 860-868-2973. Thank you for your continued support and patience as we work to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Stay safe and be well,
-Dr. Trish, Dr. Mike & All the Staff at Aspetuck Animal Hospital